A superfood in powder form, Moringa Powder is known for its healthful benefits that contain nutrients from vitamin A to mineral Zinc. Moringa has:
✔ 3 times more POTASSIUM than Bananas
Potassium is essential for healthy brain and nerve function.
✔ 7 Times More VITAMIN C than Oranges
Vitamin C strengthens our immune system and fights infections including cold and flu.
✔ 2 Time More PROTEIN than Yogurt
Proteins, the building blocks of our bodies, are made of amino acids. Usually, only animal products contain all of the essential amino acids. Amazingly, Moringa leaves also contain ALL of them.
✔ 4 Time More CALCIUM than Milk
Calcium builds strong bones and teeth, and helps prevents osteoporosis.
A rich and powerful anti-oxidant and natural anti-inflammatory, Moringa has been known to help individuals feel better and move better as it fights toxins in the body, making cells healthier so it can easily absorb all the healthy nutrients that we feed our bodies.
Being an anti-inflammatory, it helps reduce painful conditions that are caused by fluid build-up in the body and is even antimicrobial and antifungal in nature - it can fight off skin infections, blood, and urinary tract infections as well as digestive problems.
Although it is a mild laxative, it would be best to start off with small doses of Moringa Powder so you can get a hang of it in your system. Some may be too sensitive to its laxative properties, so use a little at a time and observe how your body reacts to taking Moringa Powder.
Moringa Powder Complete Nutrient Profile
- Vitamin A
Moringa Powder Recipes
Do take note that the Moringa Powder does not dissolve as easily as common food grade powders, but mix it well in to get the full benefits that this superfood has to offer!
Moringa over Salads
Using it fresh, sprinkle your Moringa powder over your salads and dressing for a healthier and fuller meal.
Tea with Moringa
Take your usual tea and add in some Moringa powder. Make sure you DO NOT BOIL the Moringa powder and just use the hot tea that you have already served.
- 2 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Zen Principle™ Moringa Powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, moringa, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll a rounded teaspoonful of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Moringa-Powered Green Drink Recipe
- 1-2 teaspoons of Zen Principle™ Moringa powder
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 cucumber
- A handful of spinach
- A dash of cinnamon
Blend all ingredients except the Moringa powder. Mix in Moringa, add ice and enjoy!
Spinach & Moringa Soup
- 1 teaspoon Zen Principle™ Moringa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1.25 liters vegetable stock
- 300g baby spinach
- generous grating of nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions in coconut oil over medium heat for approx. 5 minutes or until soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic and potatoes and continue to cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for approx. 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves, and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little before stirring in the moringa, nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Purée the soup in a blender until very smooth.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut cream and a little extra nutmeg.
Knowing that you get the anti-free-radical properties of Moringa, the powder you add in your food or beverage can healthily enhance the quality of what you feed your body. So feel free to experiment with our Moringa Powder with your homecooked meals or favorite drinks. The mixing ideas are endless!
Just make sure to remember to start a little at a time, like a teaspoonful, to allow your body to adjust to the Moringa intake. And DO NOT COOK MORINGA! Cooking takes away its nutritional value.
Share your favorite Moringa Powder recipes in the comments!